Saturday, December 4, 2010

Ho Ho Ho

As I purchased Christmas lights for my house last week, I had visions of the masterpiece I would create.

Then. . . I actually had to hang them up.

It started out ok. . . however the velcro/sticky hooks that promised to be the easiest light hanging tools around proved to be misleading.

I got the white poles decorated and the red around the front door, then ran out of the red before making it around the garage. I decided to take a quick trip to Home Depot for some more red lights and to replace the candy cane lights that wouldn't work. No more red lights there, so I went to a different store where I found the same situation. I opted to do more of the tree in red, then just buy white lights to go around the garage instead. I exchanged the candy cane lights and got some cute snowmen to add to the decor as well, afterall, they went well with my cute red and white themed house.

I got home, and found that the snowmen lights (which were their last box) didn't come with the stakes. . . so after digging through rocks and dirt, I opted to rather stick them in a bush. Then I got my white lights up around the garage, and finished decorating the red tree in front. Success!!

Then the sun goes down. . .

Well. . . the snowmen aren't white afterall. The candy canes are only red, and have no white either. Who would've guessed that they sold different colors of white lights?? And to top it off. . . my tree was just too tall. . .

Walah!! My MASTERPIECE!!


sigh. . . not exactly what I had envisioned. . .

6 comments:

Bryan and Molly said...

ha ha what a sad story shawna! no worries - our first year of decorating was pretty bad and we ended up taking the whole display down before christmas day! this year was so much better - so i have high hopes for you for next year! definitely an A+ for effort!

Bonnie said...

awww it looks cute sister :) and success is NOT getting electrocuted haha

Cassidy and Randi Peterson said...

I am guessing you don't have a ladder.

Debi said...

Hey at least you tried. I don't do it. I love lights on a house and that is something I haven't really gotten to do. We don't have a plug in the front of our house so who knows how we would plug them in! Love it though. Debi

Jim and Lee said...

Looks good! I think you have the Kelly touch.

Terry and Gail said...

I did my outside decorating with 15inches of snow on the ground. In better weather (even if the temperature is cold- no snow is the key), I can decorated my whole front yard in a couple of hours. But this year, with all that snow, it took me four hours to accomplish what little I did. I guess I should take a picture of it and post it. I love decorating. but it can be frustrating especially with the lights. Half the string may work and the other half not. and it is so hard to find the source of the problem to replace a light and to replace the lights- I have tons of replacements but none of them seem to fit any of my light strings. I just don't get that. Love, Aunt Gail