Saturday, December 18, 2010

R and K. . .

Wow. . . I survived two somewhat tough days . . . so ready for this to be over.

Yesterday (Friday) was R day. I had some raisin bread toast for breakfast, and a romaine lettuce with ranch dressing salad for lunch with a roll my roommate brought home for me. It's been funny having people randomly text me ideas or bring food for me that starts with the letter of the day. Guess its been making lots of people think about food differently these days. Anywho I snacked on ritz crackers basically all day as well. We had our class Christmas party. . . there was so. much. food. I think almost every parent sent in some kind of cookie, or chip, or candy, or cupcake. It was crazy! And I didn't eat ANY of it. One parent at one point asked me if this is not really my "type of food," . . . if only she knew. . . she must have missed our Halloween party when I seriously sat in the back munching on cookies the whole party while the parents took over. So I guess it was good to have something to keep me from doing the same thing all over again. On my drive home from work I stopped by to grab some Rubios before picking up the pups and heading South for the winter!

I made it to California. I ate a few mini recess cups- but that's about it.

Today would have been S day. But if you recall, last week on K day it was my work Christmas party so Bonnie gave me a pardon and let me switch to S for the day, knowing that on my real S day I would eat K instead. Sounded great at the time, until I recently discovered that I switched K day from work party day, to family party day. Drats. Especially since Bonnie was going to be there, eating S foods, which is basically one of the easiest letters out there! She packed up some sugar cookies and strawberry mud pie, and knew that some kind of salad would be there too, so she was basically set.

This morning, I grabbed a Kellogs poptart on the way out the door with my mom. We headed to Costco where I was able to sample a kirkland meatball then get a kirkland kosher ketchup dog from the food court. That was pretty awesome. We went to vons where I picked up some special "K" crackers and a kiwi to accompany me to the party.

At the party, I enjoyed (or rather "ate" because enjoy would definitely not be the word to use) some K crackers. Bonnie walked around practically boasting as she ate her spuds and salad for dinner, while I ate nothing. Bleh. So then dessert comes around, which is what I was waiting for. I had a nice Kelly green sugar cookie and a piece of kelly mud pie. I know. . . stretching it a bit. . . but a Kelly did make it. . . so what the heck- I was hungry! I told Bonnie about my Kelly mud pie idea which she was not too fond of. I believe "nice try" was her actual quote to the idea. . . but I ate it anyway. Bonnie's strawberry mudpie looked a little interesting, but several people had it and said it was good. She said that she refused to try it though and the mint mudpie was so much better. It was then that I noticed an empty bowl in her hands that had obviously had some of the green mudpie. "What did you just eat?" I asked her. She gave me a duh kind of look and replied "KELLY'S mudpie!" "You aren't eating K today geek. . . you are on S!" That is when she screamed. . . she really did. . . I mean the party actually got quiet as everyone turned to look at her. She was pretty much in shock. I made fun of her a ton. . . and the ride home that evening she decided that SHE made the cake so SHE got to name it and it was now shamrock mudpie and I was the one that cheated. I think NOT! So anywho. . . I think we eventually agreed that the mint mudpie dessert would from now on be officially known as the Kelly Green Santa (she thinks shamrock) mudpie. So we both win I guess.

We hit the mall that night to do some last minute shopping. I was kind of complaining about my K day and Bonnie was saying how she had been waiting for S day so she could get some sweet fire chicken from Panda. So we hit the food court for some kung pao chicken and some sweet fire chicken to finish off our nights. Upon arriving though. . . we realized that TONS of Panda's food is S. So not only did Bonnie get her sweet fire chicken, she also got steamed rice, and stringbean chicken. She decided to pass on the springrolls. . . I once again. . . felt a little jipped. :(


Good bye letter K!

3 comments:

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

hehehe!! well you made through the day and i guess bonnie kind of did. so funny to see her face when she ate the mudpie. you're almost do though. good to see you all yesterday!
jody

Debi said...

Ha ha ha ha! I love the stories you have! Debi

Terry and Gail said...

You knew this would come down to rule breaking... all diets do. So consider yourself successful. Great story telling. Love, Aunt Gail