Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Diet- end Eve!

Yet another rainy day here in California. As of this morning, it had seriously not stopped raining since I got here. Craziness. It was just going to be a lazy stay at home day with the kids, so I decided to whip out the good ole waffle maker for some breakfast! I have never actually made waffles before. . . but how hard could it be??


After three attempts. . . my last one turned out perfectly but a tad small (all the batter I had left)


So my breakfast waffles that I started making around 10:30- became my 12:00 lunch waffles instead.
Now do we wonder why I eat out so much?


W day continued with many werthers chewy candies for snacks, and don't forget the wedikings cookie Bonnie brought for me out of guilt from yesterday. THANKS BON!!


Then tonight we talked mom and dad into our crazy diet once again and they treated the family to the Wagon Wheel for dinner! What a great family I have!

After dinner, me, Bon, and the kiddos hit the mall for some more Christmas shopping! It was then that we went to the two places I have been WAITING for W day for. . . Wetzels Pretzels, and Starbucks for some White hot chocolate. We also hit the candy store where we got some wax soda candies and some sour warheads.
All these special treats were not just for anything of course but for our "traditional" Christmas light viewing night where we drive around and find some different fun neighborhoods to look at. Of course, the cocoa was drank practically before we got to the car, and the candy was hidden away in an unreachable purse. . . but it was still some good times.


The first picture was of course taken in honor of new baby Brooklyn Noel born just today!







And tomorrow is the big day. . . XYZ . . .

3 comments:

Randi said...

I am a failure as a roommate I should have had you make me waffles so that you knew how. Sorry for letting you down Shawna :)

Bonnie said...

good job sister. . . . I am linking my W post to yours lol . . . and sorry for the shadowy arm in your christmas tree cookie :(

Terry and Gail said...

I would love "W" day (or maybe I would hat it for the same reason)... I love waffles. I would eat way too many and not know until about an hour later that I had eaten way too many. I love waffles just simply with lots of butter and lots of syrup. I am really disgusting how much of each I add to the waffles- but then I only make whole grain waffles- they have such better flavor. Wetzels Pretzels- cool. I love those big pretzels, too. Love, Aunt Gail